A longstanding concern in the beef industry is getting even more attention than usual right now: Is beef, especially high-value cuts, becoming too expensive for some consumers?
My story can be found online at http://www.agweek.com/event/article/id/20622/. It also will be available in the March 11 print issue of Agweek.
The story includes comments from an official with the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association. Another association official emailed me links to five programs intended to help make beef more affordable to consumers.
If you want to check out the programs for yourselves, here they are:
1. Beef Alternative Merchandising (BAM) program overview: http://www.beefretail.org/
2. BAM cuts introduced to the industry by the Beef Checkoff: http://beefretail.org/bamcuts.
3. Slice ‘n Save: http://beefretail.org/
4. Bargain Beef Bundles: http://beefretail.org/
5. Promotional calendar: http://beefretail.org/